SLASC Executive Committee Open Positions
The Special Library Association Student Chapter (SLASC) Executive Committee (EC) consists of Officers, Directors, Assistant Directors, and Second Assistant Directors. Participation offers an outstanding opportunity to gain valuable leadership experience as part of a dynamic SJSU professional association student chapter The EC plans, promotes, and participates in innovative educational programming and events to get to know fellow members and have some fun. The SLASC EC creates a community of enthusiastic dedicated leaders who actively mentor new EC members with friendship, SLASC procedures, creative exchange of ideas, and jovial collegial collaborations. In their work for SLASC, student leaders may produce evidence for Comps M, C, D in the iSchool MLIS Core Competencies.
How to Apply
The SLASC Executive Committee is seeking candidates to fill the positions listed below. If you are interested, please submit an application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Name, Phone Number, SJSU Email, Anticipated Year of Graduation
- SLASC Position(s) to which you are applying
- Short statement (1 paragraph) of interest that should include:
- What interests you about these positions(s)?
- Any related experience associated to the positions?
Please note for all positions:
- The Executive Committee holds mutually agreed upon scheduled monthly meetings. Members also participate in the responsibilities of their specific positions described below.
Open Positions and Summary of Responsibilities
Second Assistant Programming Director
Assistant Blog Editor
Second Assistant Blog Editor
Second Assistant Communications Director
If you are interested, please feel free to join our membership to stay apprised of our upcoming events.