Welcome students, faculty, and friends to Fall Semester! We’re very excited for the start of this new year. The ASIS&T student chapter is hoping to build up our school and chapter community this year. There are a few notable tasks we are undertaking.
- Exploring the iSchool Pathways
- A once-a-month webinar series through zoom, put together by the executive committee to help students understand what the pathways are, what kinds of work they correlate to, and how to get the most from them.
- Weekly drop in writers’ meet up
- Starting Thursday August 31st from 5-7pm, this weekly meet up will be a 1-2hr drop-in session in the SJSU ASIS&T Discord. 1st hour will be dedicated to writing time, while the 2nd hour will be open for discussion, questions, advice, and if there is interest supportive critique. All iSchool students are welcome. Feel free to drop by when you can and stay as long as you’d like. Join our discord server here: https://discord.gg/e5jKAgCynf
- More consistent blog & social media updates
- Blog post will be a mix of LIS technology-based news, topic summaries related to information science or technology in libraries and highlighting upcoming events. While our social media accounts will promote these events and celebrate our communities’ achievements.
The executive committee currently consists of our Chair – Kay Lee, Vice Chair – Cathi Okamura, and Webmaster – Chris Reynolds. There are more openings on the committee for students who are interested in gaining experience with leadership. We encourage any student interested in joining us to contact us directly with any questions or come by the iSchool student group fall Meet & Greet Thursday September 14 from 6-7 pm (Pacific Time).
Good luck this semester and we hope to see you at some of our events!