We are still looking to fill a couple of executive board positions for the 2018-19 school year! This is a great way to get more involved with ALASC, the ALA, and also looks awesome on a resume!
Executive Board Positions
- Co-Chair / Webmaster
- Supports the Chair in running monthly meetings.
- Manages ALASC’s website and posts blog updates.
- Program Outreach Coordinator
- Researches interesting programming opportunities that would benefit ALASC members.
- Coordinates outreach efforts with other student chapters, outside organizations, and the wider ALA.
- All executive board members must be members of the American Library Association.
- All positions are expected to attend the virtual monthly meetings of the executive board.
- Excellent communication skills and consistent commitment to fulfill duties of the position.
- You can read more about each of the primary positions in our Constitution.
Interested in the executive board but don’t have the time for a full position’s commitment? Consider volunteering to help out a board member with their current duties! We are currently in need of the following assistants:
- Blogging Assistant
- Help come up with and write interesting, topical, and/or fun blog posts to share regularly on the ALASC website!
- Reports to the Chair (unless a Co-Chair / Webmaster exists).
- Excellent communication skills and consistent commitment to fulfill duties of the position (which are minimal for assistants).
- No meetings required to attend unless you would like to join us for our monthly board meeting.
Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are interested in or if you have any questions about anything! We are super happy to provide you with all the info you need. We look forward to hearing from you!! 😀