We would like to announce openings for SJSU ALASC Executive Board positions for the Spring 2020 semester! Several of our current members are graduating and we’ve also made some changes to our available positions.
This is a great opportunity to gain leadership experience, work on your communication skills, and make a real difference at the iSchool and in the field of information science. You will join a passionate group of fellow students who are determined to affect positive change and create a wonderful environment of learning and growth at our school.
Interested in joining? Great!
Contact us with your self-nomination by January 10, 2020.
What to include: Your name, a short description of yourself and why you would make a good fit for the position you’re interested in.
You must be a currently enrolled student at San Jose State University and be able to commit to at least 1 to 3 hours a week to the chapter, depending on your position and if you decide to help out with any of our committees or events. ????
The following positions are open for the next semester – more info is outlined in our chapter’s Constitution:
- Co-Chair / Webmaster
- Maintains/updates website (WordPress)
- Maintains/updates Canvas page
- Maintains blog, posts new content with the help of the blogging assistants
- Leads board meetings when Chair is not present
- Assists Chair with overall group facilitation
- Archivist / Secretary
- Takes notes during board meetings
- Sends meeting notes summary to board members after meeting has adjourned
- Organizes and archives documents in our Team Google Drive
- Assists Chair in monitoring chapter email account
- Gets event dates published on the SJSU iSchool calendar
- Sends our events, announcements, and other information to iSchool staff to get an iSchool Alert sent to student body
- Treasurer (must be San Jose adjacent)
- Maintains chapter budget
- Maintains ALASC Cafepress store
- Handles anything relating to financial processes
- Position requires some on-campus commitments throughout the year long-term
- Blogging Assistant
- Assists other board members with publishing content (events info, etc) on the website blog
- Works with the other blogging assistant(s) to plan and research new and relevant blog posts
Nominations are now OPEN until January 10, 2020.
Afterward, voting by the student body will then open from January 14th to January 21st, 2020 and will take place on Canvas (more information to follow on how to vote). Results will be announced on January 23rd and the new board will be transitioned soon after.
As a side note – our elections usually take place at the end of every school year, however due to our number of openings, we have decided to hold special elections to fill the board for the Spring semester. This new board will serve half a term (Spring 2020) and then regular elections will be held again for the 2020-2021 school year in May of 2020.
Thank you for your interest!! ????