Interested in contributing to our upcoming issue for FALL/WINTER 2023?
Please reach out to us with your idea for an article.
Submission deadline is November 10, 2023.
We publish original, substantive content on issues and events connected with the world of archives. Archeota is a publication FOR students and BY students, so please feel welcome to contribute!
Taliyah Shaver, Managing Editor
Katrina Williams, Associate Editor
Hannah Holshouser, Associate Editor
Marina Smolens, Associate Editor
DiAndra Reyes, Associate Editor
Katie Burns, Associate Editor
- Think pieces on recent events and stories in the news
- Reflections or advice pieces based on first-hand experience, including jobs, internships, or volunteer work
- Interviews with practicing archivists
- A review of archives-related media, such as a podcast, blog, book, or article
- A report about an event or webinar you attended
- Profiles of archives you’ve worked at or visited (or just dream of visiting!)
Please note, you DO NOT need to be a member of SAA to contribute to Archeota. We invite contributions from ALL iSchool STUDENTS.
- Submission ideas must be pre-approved by the Archeota editorial team.
- Articles are generally 800-1,000 words in length, unless otherwise approved by the Archeota editorial team.
- All work submitted should be original and abide by U.S. copyright law and standards. All work submitted is subject to an originality checker as a form of accountability. If we are unsatisfied with the results of the checker we will not include the material in Archeota. However, originality and adherence to all appropriate laws and standards is the responsibility of the author.
- Articles may not be published in print or digital form (blogs, social media, etc.) elsewhere either prior to or after publication in Archeota.
- Contributors must provide the editors with a copy of any work that has been submitted for coursework or other purpose. The editors will review and make suggestions on how the piece may be adapted for publication in Archeota.
- Editorial rights: SJSU SAASC reserves the right to edit any submissions by making corrections, omitting material, rearranging, or making other revisions. If the revisions are extensive, the editorial team will work with the author to prepare the manuscript for publication.
- All images must be sourced. Image files should be a minimum of 300 dpi resolution.
- References should be cited in APA format.
- SJSU SAASC reserves the right to exclude any content from Archeota.